Problems importing SQL data

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Mar 11 00:28:16 CST 2004

On 3/11/04 12:14 AM, "David Nock" <davidn at accessitsoftware.com> wrote:

> Basically, we are looking at Valentina for an upcoming project and are
> hoping to run some tests to see how well Valentina handles some of our
> tasks. I was hoping to import some example data from an existing system and
> then run some SQL queries against that data.

I have ask about your import task.

Then again you can do this simply as:

1) you take some Valentina empty database with structure as you need.

2) you take Valentina ODBC utility

3) you take e.g. MySQL and its ODBC driver.

4) you import records from mySQL to Valentina db via ODBC.

That is all.

Valentina Studio can even create tables in totally empty Valentina db
according to structure of ODBC source. At least Jochen promise this works.

Another way. From mySLQ you can easy EXPORT table into Text file,
Then import it using VAPP or Valentina Studio.
Very fast way.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com