Valentina datadriven Director app now needs a network versionaswell! Anyone got advice?

Florian Bogeschdorfer fb at memedia.de
Wed Mar 10 14:43:34 CST 2004

> Is the Valentina server something that each network admin
> would have to install on their own lans?

Yes.

> If so do they each need a license?

No. You can buy the VDN license. Then you may distribute as many servers as
you want but with 5 client each only. If you need more clients per server
you must by additional licenses. Ruslan has prices on this, but the whole
thing is very reasonably priced

> Is it possible to have a "one-off" install that completely
> configures the server at install time?

Yes. You can use the Valentina installer or if you want your own names and
folders you can make your own installer. I am doing this with ISS tool, very
easy to use. If you need help, let me know.

> Will it work on PC, Mac OSX and Mac Classic servers?

Not sure about classic.

> This deliverable is for school systems that may not have very
> technically adept network admins. The application needs to
> work by just running setup and providing users with links to
> where to access the application. I know it sounds like a lot,
> but it also has to be finished by April so no time to re-do
> much of anything.

No problem I think!