Valentina Client 2.0 - C++

David Nock davidn at accessitsoftware.com
Tue Mar 9 11:52:42 CST 2004

> Better use the next form:
>
> bool MyFrame::RunQuery(wxString szQuery)
> {
>   VDK_Cursor* mCursor;
>   ulong err = 0;
>
>   try
>   {
>       char* query = "CREATE TABLE _Preferences(fldBoolean boolean)"
>       mCursor = mDB->ExecuteSql( query );
>   }
>   catch( FBL_Exception& e )
>   {
>       err = e.GetErrorCode();
>       wxMessageBox("Error executing SQL.");
>   }
>
>   ForgetObject( mCursor );
>   return (err == 0);
> }

Hi Ruslan,

I tried this but it doesn't compile as ExecuteSQL isn't a member of
VDK_Database.

Anyway I changed it to:

 bool MyFrame::RunQuery(wxString szQuery)
 {
   VDK_Cursor* mCursor;
   ulong err = 0;
   mCursor = new VDK_Cursor(myDB);
   try
   {
       const char* query = "CREATE TABLE _Preferences(fldBoolean boolean)"
       err = mCursor->ExecuteSQL( query );
   }
   catch( xFBL_Exception& e )
   {
       err = e.GetErrorCode();
       wxMessageBox(wxString::Format("Error executing SQL - [%ld]", err));
   }

   ForgetObject( mCursor );
   return (err == 0);
 }

This is into a pre-existing database. I also now have the server running
from the dos prompt to see the debug info.

The error returned is 600 - 'Expected key word SELECT'. Why when creating a
table??

Also, in the debug info shown in the dos prompt, it shows as 2.0a59 but the
properties of the server.dll show as a60.

Cheers
Dave