XML Loaddump

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Mar 8 11:44:33 CST 2004

On 3/8/04 2:19 AM, "Deane Venske" <deane.venske at eduss.com> wrote:

Hi Deane,

> I'm busy trying to load an XML dump file. I keep getting an error 19. The
> docs say thats a windows error but can't find any info on that.

So you use REALbasic and you work on Windows?

Have you try on MAC?

> I can load this XML file fine using VStudio, so I'm thinking there is a
> problem in my code. But I can't figure it out. Can anyone see any problems
> here?
>

> Sub Action()
>  Dim sqlFile As FolderItem
>  Dim backupDb As VDataBase
>  Dim f As FolderItem
>
>  sqlFile = GetFolderItem("tempBackup.xml")
>  backupDb = new VDataBase
>  f = GetFolderItem(edtBackupPath.Text)
>  backupDb.LoadDump(sqlFile, f, 2)
>  msgbox cStr(backupDb.ErrNumber)
>  backupDb.Close
> End Sub

    LoadDump( inDumpFile as FolderItem,
              inNewDb as FolderItem,
              inDumpType as Integer )

Is your edtBackupPath.Text for new db is correct?

I think you need send me your xml file and small project which do this.

Also you can look inside of __TEST poject in V4RB archive.
Find here test on XML dump.
You can comment all other tests.
Set break point in XML dump test and see that it works.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com