[V4RB] Trouble with dates

James Kleinschmidt jkleins at shentel.net
Fri Mar 5 15:48:19 CST 2004

I am having a little trouble with saving dates and would like your
advise. I can save a date in SQL format and the data gets mixed up. It
seems like the info is there but I am getting the month and day and
year in the wrong places. This has to be a simple problem but I can't
figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.

I have a table with a field createdOn with this construction :
    createdOn=new VDateTime("createdOn")

I can make a sample table like this

   for i = 1 to count
     SetBlank
     createdOn.SetDate(2004,1,i)
     AddRecord
   next

This seems to work fine. I can show this is correct. (for recID 17 it
would be 2004-01-17
Now when I try to update the table using SQL like:
UPDATE users SET createdOn='2004-01-17 00:00:00' WHERE recID=17

I get no errors but when I turn around and get cursor like:
SELECT createdOn from users WHERE recID=17 I get a cursor with the
wrong info.

  I can look through the cursor like this:
     if r.Field(i).Type=kV_TypeDateTime then
       theDate=new date
       test=r.Field(i).GetString  -----> this shows 04/01/2017
       theDate.Year=r.DateTimeField(i).Year ---> this is 2017
       theDate.Month=r.DateTimeField(i).Month-->04
       theDate.Day=r.DateTimeField(i).Day-->01
       theDate.Hour=r.DateTimeField(i).Hour
       theDate.Minute=r.DateTimeField(i).Minute
       theDate.Second=r.DateTimeField(i).Second

Thanks,

JIm