ERROR 32

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Mar 4 09:54:24 CST 2004

on 3/4/04 4:13 AM, Rodney Tamblyn at rodney at oceanbrowser.com wrote:

> Hi Ruslan,
>
> Occasionally in my Revolution application I am getting an "ERROR 32"
> returned when trying to open a database, which I believe means that it
> was accidently left open or is in use by another application.  This
> doesn't happen often, and I will try to track down the bug in my code
> causing it, but is there any way to clear this file lock, other than
> restarting (or logging the current user out/in)?

Hi Rodney,

Does this happens when you work in IDE ?

If yes, then I think this happens when you stop debugger
Or may be testet app self crashes.

Probably db file stay opened for SYSTEM.

----
This should be considered as bug of REV IDE.

Director and REALbasic on such interruption close all related files.
Or provide handler which is called ALWAYS

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com