[V4MD] Unicode in 2.0

Martin Kloss martin.kloss at gmx.de
Wed Mar 3 11:41:43 CST 2004

At 11:30 03.03.2004, you wrote:
> > I was also thinking about being able to get the Unicode text
> > without the conversion, because Flash can do Unicode and
> > since you can use Flash members in Director, you could
> > get the Unicode text from a field in the database and directly
> > hand it to Flash, which will display the text without conversion.
> >
> > How about that?
>
>So in some cases V4MD user may wish to get true unicode string?

Yes, Director / Lingo does not understand Unicode strings,
but Flash does, so if you could get the Unicode string into
Flash that'd be great. For example if you have a Flash sprite:

string(n).pTextVarInFlash = myCursor.GetField("address", "utf8")

so V4MD would read the field "address" and return it in UTF8
format, which would then be stored in the flash variable.

>I am not against,
>Just we need invent way HOW TO.
>Aha, we have easy way!      UTF8!
>Must works fine with old Director way.

What do you mean by "old Director way"? How?

Martin.

Martin Kloss

Like the author? Buy the book:
http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/3934358322/lingmmugd