[V4MD] Unicode in 2.0

Martin Kloss martin.kloss at gmx.de
Wed Mar 3 11:18:16 CST 2004

At 11:11 03.03.2004, you wrote:
> > This is great, but I am wondering about how to actually
> > get Unicode text stored in a string, varchar or text field
> > into Director via V4MD and vice versa. The problem is that
> > Director does not support Unicode, not even in MX 2004.
>
>In V4MD we will convert to system default code page.
>Director give us e.g. Latin1 we convert it to UTF16 inside of engine.

Ok, so it should work like before, without the user actually
noticing anything, nice :-)

> > So will the text be mapped to an ASCII map, i.e. ISO 8859-15,
> > or will there be a function or parameter in the GetField()/SetField()
> > functions or even a global property, like the date format to
> > determine the ISO map to map the text to?
>
>Good questions for new BETA list :-)
>
>For now we use default.
>We have not yet polished this issues.
>Let's think all together later.

I was also thinking about being able to get the Unicode text
without the conversion, because Flash can do Unicode and
since you can use Flash members in Director, you could
get the Unicode text from a field in the database and directly
hand it to Flash, which will display the text without conversion.

How about that?

Martin.

Martin Kloss

Like the author? Buy the book: