[V4MD] Unicode in 2.0

Martin Kloss martin.kloss at gmx.de
Wed Mar 3 10:58:18 CST 2004

Hi Ruslan,

Valentina will support Unicode in the upcoming version 2.0,
as I have understood from past announcements.

This is great, but I am wondering about how to actually
get Unicode text stored in a string, varchar or text field
into Director via V4MD and vice versa. The problem is that
Director does not support Unicode, not even in MX 2004.

So will the text be mapped to an ASCII map, i.e. ISO 8859-15,
or will there be a function or parameter in the GetField()/SetField()
functions or even a global property, like the date format to
determine the ISO map to map the text to?

Director does not know how to handle Unicode text, neither
in text members nor in variables, so a database would not
be compatible with Director if the text was stored in Unicode.

Have you though about this? Any ideas, plans or suggestions?

Martin.

Martin Kloss

Like the author? Buy the book:
http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/3934358322/lingmmugd