Problem with vServer

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Mar 3 09:34:42 CST 2004

on 3/3/04 1:06 AM, Michael Krugman at amacdr at mac.com wrote:

Hi Michael,

> Hi Rusian:
>
> I downloaded the newest V4RB_Client plugin and I'm still getting the
> same result with the 10 minute limitation.  I tried the other one, just
> for the heck of it, V4RB and my app wouldn't even compile.  For the
> license, I'm using the Embedded Server license with the serial stuff
> you helped me with yesterday, and I am not using the vServerOffice
> licenses.  Is this correct?

Very strange.
You sure this is 10 minutes problem? May be something else?

1) your FINAL solution must looks as:

    Vserver
        licenses
            license_emb_xxxxx       << from archive I sent you

    MyApp + V4RB_Client +
            Vdatabase(host, user, passw. Port, timeout, "embedded serial")

Embedded serial -- string from archive locate
in the file "Embedded Serial.txt"

If you do not use V4RB LOCAL plugin, then you even DO NOT need ADK serials,
And in your AppClient ValentinaInit() call can looks as

    ValentinaInit( 8 * 1024 * 1024, "", "" )

If you specify here ADK serials this will not affect anything, because
V4RB_Client just ignore last 2 parameters.

Okay, let me to think.

* Look. You must be able to run your application with our
Valentina Server Demo from out site AS IS.

- I.e. You download Valentina Server a60
- it contains demo license file that works up to 31 March.
    Server DEMO works 24 hours, 7 days per weak.
    Server DEMO do not have 10 minutes timeout of course.

- take V4RB_Client archive, drop plugin V4RB_Client into folder
    plugins of REALbasic. Make sure that in plugins folder
    there is no any other V4RB plguin.
    Make sure that exactly THIS REALbasic starts and you use it.

- now you take Example "Single Table" that comes with V4RB_Client.
    run it in REALbasic.
    wait 10 minutes or 15 minutes.
    Example must work.

- now do the same with your application, but remove parameter option:
       Vdatabase(host, user, passw. Port, timeout, "embedded serial")
                                                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
   you need remove it because server run with DEMO license file,
   but not with your license_emb_xxxxxx file.

    so RUN your application with our DEMO Server.
    Again, your app must work without any 10 minutes timeout.

Please try all this and CONFIRM that it works as I have describe.
If yes, we will continue with license_emb.
If no, then I will check all again self.

But I am sure it will work. Other developers use Vserver for days and weeks
non-stop.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com