[V4RB] Error 348

Beatrix Willius mail at beatrixwillius.de
Tue Mar 2 19:56:08 CST 2004

Am 01.03.2004 um 16:04 schrieb Ruslan:

>> I somehow managed to corrupt a Valentina database. Opening in
>> Valentina
>> Carbon gives the error message 348 "Error of inventory page of varchar
>> field."
>>
>> - How can this happen?
>
> Crash?

No.

>> - Can I repair the database myself? The file is about 20 MB.
>
> XML dump usually only a way.

XML dump crashes Valentina Carbon.

>> - A xml dump in Valentina Carbon kills the application. A sql dump is
>> not possible (gives the same error message).
>
> * So you can open your db in VAPP, yes?
>     you can see structure of tables, yes?
>
> * then try to make DIAGNOSE to see what tables are corrupted.

Only one table. Diagnose says "Error -47".

> * if you keep .vdb file separately from .dat file then you can move
> .vdb
> file in other folder to see if this is all right, i.e. That there is no
> corruption in system tables.

No such luck. I keep the index separate from the rest.

> * also you can try EXPORT to TEXT files.

Also crashes Valentina Carbon.

>> - Opening the database in my RB application gives no error message,
>> only a seemingly empty one. How can I show the error message in RB?
>>
>> I need to make more tests, if I can reproduce this.
>
> Probably hard corruption.
> So even cannot eat it.

It would be nice to inform the user about this.

Another fact: the error says something about a VarChar field. Howevery,
there is only one VarBinary field, which is currently not used.
However, the error did not happen again.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards

Trixi Willius
http://www.mothsoftware.com
Intelligent Internet Utilities