Problems with Objectptr resetting

Chuck rwc1717 at shaw.ca
Tue Mar 2 09:31:38 CST 2004

Hi Ruslan:
	More experiments....

1) I tried to create a new database using all the different file combinations in
Reminder Pad.  The results were the same whether the files indexes were in the
same or not etc. etc...those dam pick tables with no targets for the objectptrs.

2) I have attached a REALBasic project...very small that simply tries to create the
database that I codified.  It too produces objectptrs with no target association.  It too
happens regardless of how many files are being used to store the dtabase and its
associated information.

Conclusion:  I was lucky to hit a test that displayed this incongruous behaviour with
valentina and my app but I am not sure how I can repeat it.  This is because it is not
consistent.  When I open Reminder Pad, I check all the Special Days table and
update the records one by one.  This is when the wierdness occurs.
	However, if I open up the Special days window in Reminder Pad and close it, I
run the same method as when the program opens for the first time and those records
that were not updated properly the first time are handled just fine.
	Moreover, I have tried this test app with 1.97 and those dam pink fields are
still there.

So, I must be creating them incorrectly? or what else could it be?

Thanks Chuck