[V4RB] a60 base object trouble

Robert Nichols robert at formworkdesign.com
Tue Mar 2 06:47:58 CST 2004

What is "example 1"? My V4RB_client comes with an example named "single
table". This example also demonstrates my trouble.

In the sample, your method object boPerson.TestAddRecords generates a
sql query string by using the "name" property of the base object:

		  c = DataBase.SqlSelect("SELECT * FROM " + name, kV_Server,
kV_ReadWrite )

In this case, as with my own project, using Server and client  a60 this
is now generating a query string of:

                     "SELECT * FROM "

You can take a look at the object boPerson in the RB debugger and see
that the "name" property has no value, while the other properties
appear to be properly populated.

I'm pretty sure I'm using a60 client. I am not able to identify its
version number, but its creation date is March 1. The previous version
of RB client I used, a8, DID identify its version number in the Finder
window. I wonder if something is wrong with my file...

Robert