V.NET possible corruption?

Marcus Bointon marcus at synchromedia.co.uk
Tue Mar 2 02:48:50 CST 2004

My earlier posting about HTML in XML dumps was off track, and that should
not ever be a problem, so don't worry about it!

However, the problem that led me to think it was a problem is still with me.
I have a database created using V.NET on Windows and I'm reading it in VApp
on OS X. It all seems to be fine apart from one BaseObject that contains a
text field. If I do a SQL dump from V.NET, the contents of the text fields
are listed correctly. If I do an SQL dump of the SAME DB from VApp, the SQL
dump is missing all the field contents for this one field. The same applies
to XML dumps too (which is why I thought the problem was there initially).

When I initially try to write some data into the untouched V.NET DB from
V4MD, it just gives me -39 errors, which from the archives suggests may
indicate some kind of corruption.

If I try to do a diagnose on the DB, I just get a -39 error in VApp.

If I re-import the exported XML, the -39 errors go away (but my text is
still missing).

The V.NET app is quite straightforward (as far as I'm aware - I'm not the
one writing it) - it creates a DB, imports data and closes it, from scratch
each time.

So far I have not managed to get a database to work through this route at
all (without an XML rebuild), so binary compatibility is effectively broken
between these platforms, which is rather defeating the point of it.

I'm using Valentina 1.10 throughout.

Any ideas?

Marcus
--
Marcus Bointon
Synchromedia Limited: Putting you in the picture