Problems with Objectptr resetting

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Mar 1 22:48:07 CST 2004

on 3/1/04 7:29 PM, Chuck at rwc1717 at shaw.ca wrote:

Frankly saying I still not clear and confused.

1) I take your database.zip in 1.9.7 format
2) I uncompress it
3) I want to open it in 1.10 VAPP

4) I need change data of my computer to 19 March 2004 ???
5) and how this will affect ObjectPtrs ????

> Hi Ruslan:
> If you actually run Reminder Pad (Val 1.97) and Reminder Problem (Val 1.1)
> program as I describe below....you will see the changes that take affect in
> the vdb file are correct for 1.97....and some are wrong in 1.10

I do not have Reminder Pad.
What is this? This is your app?

You have sent me only 2 database.

If something wrong is in Valentina engine, then VAPP must corrupt Ptrs as
your app, but VAPP do not do this. So it is right to assume that mistake in
logic of your app.

> 1) Valentina 1.97
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ you talk here about VAPP or about version of V4RB ?

> If you change your computer date to March 19th of this year and open the
> program, it will make all of the appointments as requested, moreover, if you
> use the Other Windows menu item and then Special Days you will see all the
> appointments dates are after todays date.

I don't know what is appointments.
I don't know what is Other Windows menu ...

> 2) Valentina 1.1
     ^^^^^^^^^^^^ correct is Valentina 1.10

> If you change your computer date to March 19th of this year and open the
> program, it will make some of the appointments as requested, however, if you
> use the Other Windows menu item and then Special Days you will see some
> appointments with dates before the 19th.

> When I check the database...two opjectptrs are not set to 0 in the special
> table.
>
> Sorry I wasn't too clear on what to do:-).

Ok, it seems I have catch idea.

It looks problem in your app code.

This not helps me, you need find way to reproduce in small project.
Check your logic of work with ObjectPtr fields

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com