Cross-platform data files?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Jun 28 22:06:24 CDT 2004

On 6/28/04 9:54 PM, "va_refinancing at mail.com" <va_refinancing at mail.com>
wrote:

>> From what I can find in the FAQs and documentation, I think I already know
>> the answer to this question, but I can't find it stated explicitly, so I'll
>> ask.  Can database files created on Windows (i.e. with Valentina COM) be used
>> on the Mac (i.e. with Valentina4RB)?  Are there any issues I would need to be
>> aware of?  The FAQ and release notes seem to indicate that this is the case,
>> but I would like to make sure before I talk to my client.
>
> Thanks,

Yes, files are cross-platform.

Issues?

    only if you create files on MAC to be moved on WIN,
    it should specify on MAC extensions.
    WIN cannot work without them.

When you move files to MAC from WIN then they do not have MAC
Creator/Signature. This affect only open dialog. So you can assign TYPE
manually or using some utils.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com