Valentina Server

olivier vidal vidal_olivier at yahoo.fr
Fri Jun 25 12:50:53 CDT 2004

ah, ok Ruslan,

> Must be
>
>  Db1.write ()
>                 << if crash here, and DB1 corrupted
>                 << then DB2 is good and you can copy it to DB1.
>  Db1.flush
>                 <<< now db1 have changes on disk, and crash cannot
> corrupt
>                 <<< if crashes here, then Db1 is good, but DB2 no.
>  Db2.write ()
>  Db2.flush
>
> Although I think you will need then make journal of like
>
>     db1 flushed
>     db2 flushed
>
>     db1 flushed
>     db2 flushed

what do you think of :

rs=Cursor1.update()
base1.Bo1.flush
Base1.BoJournal.flush

rs=Cursor2.update()
base2.Bo1.flush
base2.BoJournal.flush

Is it a good idea to make a journal in both bases and every time in a
table separated to limit the risks of corruption of journals ?
For journals, maybe is it better to write them in direct files and not
in database?

In the launch of the application, me makes a comparison (for example)
fields integer of every journal, if they are identical, no problem,
otherwise...

thank you

olivier