Valentina Server

olivier vidal vidal_olivier at yahoo.fr
Fri Jun 25 11:52:37 CDT 2004

Hi Ruslan and list,

Le 10 juin 04, à 12:00, Ruslan Zasukhin a écrit :

>> To improve the security, I had thought of this :
>>
>> Write the data base in double(copy).
>
> Keep to dbs: db1 and db2?
> Well, this is possible.
>
>> Every operation of reading would always be made on the same database.
>
>> The writing of the data would always be made twice, in every data
>> base.
>> A sort of immediate and constant saving.
>
> And must be db1.write(), flush
> Then only db2.write()

This system of double database would especially be important in case,
for example, of crash of the computer.
To have an optimal safety, I can, in every writing:

Db1.write ()
Db2.write ()
Db1.flush
Db2.flush

Or, is it a little bit dangerous all the same in case of crash that
both flushes are so moved closer?
If for example there is a crash exactly in the middle of both flushs,
both databases risk to be corrupted? Is not it better to make the
second flush a little later?

thank you

olivier