Updating the Schema

Juergen Schreck lists at innernine.com
Thu Jun 24 16:28:19 CDT 2004

1) I have to update the Schema of a database table in code. I have the
basics down, e.g. I can add a method using

     fld=me.UserClips.CreateField("cliptext_eq", kV_TypeVarChar, 512,
"ASCII", "cliptext")

BUT: How do I make this field indexed? There doesn't seem to be a
version of CreateField that allows setting the flags in a 3rd
parameter?

2) My table has a field which is IndexedByWords. I want to remove that
in my Schema Update. How can I do that?

3) Do I have to increment/change the Schemaversion by resetting the
property manually or does ValentinaKernel update the schemaversion when
I create fields dynamically?

Thanks,
Juergen

------