threads and database

olivier vidal vidal_olivier at yahoo.fr
Thu Jun 24 09:53:34 CDT 2004

Hi lists,

I use a new process which allows me to use several mice simultaneously
on several screens! (A mouse (a pointer) for every screen) (with a
single computer).

Let us imagine that I use 4 screens for a software of reading and
modification of data. On every screen, a similar graphic interface
(Based on the spritesurface !) to read and modify data. On these 4
screens, we can click simultaneously to handle a database (Valentina).

What is the best solution?:

1- Several applications customers working simultaneously (an app on
every screen) handled with Valentina server?
( I am afraid that the interface is too slow)

2- A single application with four windows (one by screen), every window
being handled by one or several threads.
The whole working with Valentina. Every call (cursor) to Valentina in a
thread.
( I am afraid that threads slows down too much the application)

3- A single application with four windows (one by screen), every window
being handled by timers (for example every 1/10th of second), what
allows to be much faster?

4- Other solution?

thank you very much

olivier