V4MD: reducing file size

Andrew Sinning andrew at learningware.com
Tue Jun 22 13:00:13 CDT 2004

> when you have NOT many data in your tables or even EMPTY tables,
    Valentina still will pre-allocate that segment for each file.

What do you mean by "for each file" ??  Please define "file".  I don't
understand why in the world would the .dat file be EXACTLY the same size
when I have removed 90% of records.

Does the .dat have by default space for some X number of records.  I
understand that it has to make room for the data in each record.  But
more records should result in more space, and fewer records should
result in less space.  I'm not saying you are wrong (obviously).  I'm
just saying that I don't understand your explaination.