VCurson.ImportText questions

va_refinancing at mail.com va_refinancing at mail.com
Mon Jun 21 15:52:08 CDT 2004

> You work on AMC or WIN ?
>
> Where from comes file to import?
>
> How it looks?
>
> What line-ends it have? Mac or Win?
>
> Try to import that file into your table using of of this GUI utils:
> Valentina Studio
> VAPP for MAC
> viSQL for all

Ruslan,

I am working on Mac OS 10.3.4 with REALbasic 5.5.2 and Valentina for REALbasic 1.10.

I have tried files with comma and tab delimiters and with Mac and UNIX newlines (I haven't tried Windows yet) in both Valentina Studio and ViSQL.  I tried to use VAPP, but I can't get the Import menu item enabled.  So far, I have been unable to make any import work.

I created the files that I am trying to import with TextEdit and BBEdit.  One example looks like this:

1,2,3
2,3,4
3,4,5

There are no newlines before the first line or after the last line.  Does ImportText expect to find column headings, a leading newline, or something else in the import file?

Thanks,

Jon