V4RB 1.1 RB 5.5 cursors

olivier vidal vidal_olivier at yahoo.fr
Mon Jun 14 08:28:51 CDT 2004

- in kernel doc :

"in the case Valentina cannot obtain lock for at least one record of
cursor, it return error kCannotSetLock and cursor is not created"

Nevertheless, if I create e.g., a cursor with a READ / WRITE lock on 1
recording, and which I try then to create a READ cursor on the same
recording, my application crashes. It is normal that the second cursor
is not created, but how to avoid the crash?

- Even if I create small cursors opened little time. How the server is
going to react when two users will try to put a lock at the same time
on the same recording?
If the first cursor is fast and is opened little time, the demand of
lock of the second cursor is put in wait and is treated as soon as
possible? Or there is an error and the second cursor is not created?

thank you

olivier