Problem to open my db on Windows

bloomedia info at bloomedia.de
Sun Jun 13 02:12:28 CDT 2004

Hi,

I realize my application in Realbasic 5.5.1 and Valentina 1.9.8 and now I
have the following problem:
With the app it is possible to switch between different db¹s on different
places in the file system. With MacOSX there are no problems! But with
Win2000/WinXp I can¹t open a db with german ³Umlaute² within the path. But
the folderitem was interprated correctly under Windows!!

path = ³C:\testapp\männer und frauen\myDB.vdb²
f = GetFolderItem(path) // get the folderitem
if f <> nil AND f.Exists then
    MsgBox(f.AbsolutePath) // output: ³C:\testapp\männer und
frauen\myDB.vdb²
    res = pModulDB.Open(f)
    if res then
         MsgBox("OK")  // on macosx ever ok!!
    else
         MsgBox("Error")  // on windows ever an error!!
    end if
    if app.pModulDB.BaseObjectsCount > 0 then
         return true
     else
         return false
     end if