Reindex Success?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Jun 10 23:42:41 CDT 2004

>> I'm looking forward to 2.0 and I understand it is properly your focus.
>>
>> As I've mentioned before, I'll be shipping apps with version 1 for at least
>> 6-9 months after 2.0 is finally released. I know you've disagreed, but
>> there's so much new I will need to let version 2 mature and stabilize many
>> months before rolling out a commercial release embedded with version 2.
>>
>> Because of this I would be very pleased if you'd make a short list of 1.10
>> fixes to be done at some point. I'd gladly pay a v1 upgrade fee to see
>> version 1 continue to be supported and fixed as appropriate for the next
>> year to 18 months.
>>

> I wonder if it would be possible to incorporate Unicode into 1.x as
> well, of course for an upgrade fee. Or is that so much work that it
> would require a major overhaul, in which case it would make no sense.

No way.

I explain as developer to developer.

Valentina 1.x C++ sources are based on single-byte strings.
This means that we have everywhere

    char* getname()
    void  setname( char* )

Now we switch all engine and all functions to 2-byte UTF16 wchar_t

    wchar_t* getname()
    void  setname( wchar_t* )

And this is not find/replace.

Everything changes!
    each string-related function use now other functions to work
    with unicode strings.

Just impossible, Jon.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com