Reindex Success?

Keith DeLong delong at redcort.com
Thu Jun 10 10:23:29 CDT 2004

I'm trying to switch from deleting the .ind file to using the reindex
command for my V4RB 1.10 db.

How can I tell if a reindex was successful?

I am doing the following:

  dim res as integer = myDB.SqlExecute("REINDEX DATABASE")
  msgbox str(res) + EndOfLine + myDB.errstring

 I get res = 0 and a string of 'no error'

However the modification date of the .ind file does not change.

So I tried:

  dim res as integer = myDB.SqlExecute("Do Nothing")
  msgbox str(res) + EndOfLine + myDB.errstring

Again, I get res = 0 and a string of 'no error'

What am I missing?

Keith DeLong