[V4RB] Updating index of newly imported records seems to fail for me

Richard Altenburg valentina at brainchild.nl
Fri Jun 4 22:55:15 CDT 2004

On 04-06-2004 22:25, "Richard Altenburg" <valentina at brainchild.nl> wrote:

>         ' ********** THIS SQL EXECUTE RETURNS 0 (ZERO) IN rowsAffected
> **********
>         rowsAffected = thePPOBase.SqlExecute("UPDATE Newsgroup SET
> ServerURL = '" + newsServerURL + "' WHERE ServerURL = ''")

I forgot to tell you that the code I posted, and especially this line, only
returns 0 affected rows on Windows.

All is working very fine on Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X.

This is exactly the same situation as a few months ago in RB 5.2.4. I did
not pay attention to it after our move to RB 5.5.2 but suddenly I saw it
happen again in one of my latest beta tests.

If I open this database with an older version of our software, and run the
same code on it, it does see the already imported records and assigns the
proper serverURL to their index fields, so the data is really in there, but
the key is just not set in our new version!

After the old version has set the key field, I can open the database with
the newer version of our software and all displays fine, so once the index
field is filled, all is well.

There are no code changes since the previous version.