Valentina Server Connections batch purchase

Lynn Fredricks fci at europa.com
Wed Jun 2 07:25:59 CDT 2004

> >This is because we do not want that Vserver embedded into
> your app was
> >used as normal Vserver which can do any task. Embedded Vserver will
> >work only with your app.
>
> Hmm, what happens in the following scenerio: users gets
> application with base 5 plus 25 extensions from company ABCX.
> Later, they need another 25 extensions but company ABCX is no
> longer in business. Do they really need to buy a completely
> new set of licenses?

Is this based on use of Embedded Server or, did company ABCX use Valentina
Office Server as the database? With Embedded Server, you (as in company
ABCX) controls all licensing to the customer. If ABCX used Valentina Office
Server, then its possible that the number of recognized connections could go
up with an upgrade to a higher number of connections of Valentina Office
Server -- PROVIDED that ABCX didn't put something into their code to thwart
this.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President