Err = DeleteAll() problem

Peter De Berdt peter.de.berdt at pandora.be
Wed Jul 28 12:02:38 CDT 2004

On 28 Jul 2004, at 10:45, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

>>> this seems to be a query for a read only cursor...
>>> can we successfully delete all even if cursor is a read only one?
>>>
>>> this is odd
>>>
>> This is in fact true, I also had to go through all my SQLSelects in
>> one
>> of my older apps (that used V4RB 1.8) and changed them to:
>>
>> Cur=App.DB.SQLSelect("SELECT
>> blablabla",kv_client,kv_readwrite,kv_random)
>>
>> The strange thing is that some operations (although they normally
>> shouldn't) do work when you're not adding the extra parameters.
>
> For example, Peter?
>
> I hear about such problem first time.

Oh my, I'd have to dig deep into my archived projects to find it. I do
recall it had to do with updating a cursor and a certain kind of field
(VBoolean if my memory doesn't trick me). It was a combination of
elements. Anyway, going through all the cursors and changing the sql
statement to allow readwrite solved it, so I just let it be (at that
time, for some reason, all my e-mails to the list were rejected by
SpamCop, seems it's fixed now).

I don't have the time for the moment, but if I have a spare moment,
I'll try to look it up for you.

Best regards

Peter De Berdt