Err = DeleteAll() problem

Peter De Berdt peter.de.berdt at pandora.be
Wed Jul 28 09:55:50 CDT 2004

On 28 Jul 2004, at 09:43, erne wrote:

> Hello,
>
> on 28-07-2004 4:40, Barney at barney at custombased.com wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> V4RB.rbx both Windows and Mac IDE latest plugin downloaded
>>
>> Cur = APP.DB.SQLSelect("Select * from Table1")
>> If Cur.RecordCount > 0 then
>> Err = Cur.DeleteAll()
>> App.DB.Flush
>> End if
>>
>> This works fine but if you narrow your search down...
>>

> this seems to be a query for a read only cursor...
> can we successfully delete all even if cursor is a read only one?
>
> this is odd

This is in fact true, I also had to go through all my SQLSelects in one
of my older apps (that used V4RB 1.8) and changed them to:

Cur=App.DB.SQLSelect("SELECT
blablabla",kv_client,kv_readwrite,kv_random)

The strange thing is that some operations (although they normally
shouldn't) do work when you're not adding the extra parameters.

Best regards

Peter De Berdt