[V4RB] Still Unicode troubles

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Jul 23 20:10:32 CDT 2004

On 7/23/04 6:20 PM, "Eric Ferrer" <wonderfef at noos.fr> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I still have problem regarding unicode strings...
>
> I have a database whose records have been stored in Unicode on a PC.

Eric,

Valentina 1.x cannot work with unicode.

You must not store unicode strings into Valentina,
This will glitches.

> Now I need to open this same database on a Mac.

> The trouble is that Valentina automatically converts the string from PC to
> Mac, so that my Unicode encoded strings are corrupted.

Yes!

Valentina 1.x expect from you single-byte Western encoding.
And yes it do conversion between mac and win encoding.

DO NOT STORE into Valentina 1.x unicode strings.
This will not work

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com