[V4RB] RegEx search and UTF-8

Eric Ferrer wonderfef at noos.fr
Thu Jul 22 10:46:36 CDT 2004

Hello,

Thanks to the power of Valentina and RegEx, I was able to add a very cool
"find anything" tool to my application, i.e:

type "borea" and Valentina will find "Boréales" using
Select Name from Clients where name like 'b[oöôò]r[eêëéè][aâäà]' no_case

But now that I'm using RB 5.5, "Borˆ©ales" is stored in my record instead of
"Boréales", things are getting tricky...
Select Name from Clients where name like 'boréa' no_case -> OK
Select Name from Clients where name like 'b[oöôò]r[eêëéè]' no_case -> OK
Select Name from Clients where name like 'b[oöôò]r[eêëéè][aâäà]' no_case ->
no result.

Is there any work around or shoulf I have to wait for v2.0 ?

Thanks for your help
Eric

Valentina 1.10
RB 5.5.2