When was added Compression format to Director

Martin Kloss martin.kloss at gmx.de
Fri Jul 16 15:04:54 CDT 2004

At 14:51 16.07.2004, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:
>We have to see that Director MX have .compression property for bitmap.
>When this feature was added to Director?

Since Director 8, there are two new properties for bitmap castmembers.
But they only work for movies in Shockwave format, which most projectors
are not. Here's the info from the Director help files:

member(whichMember).imageCompression

It indicates the type of compression that Director will apply to the member
when saving the movie in Shockwave format. This property can be tested
and set, and has no effect at runtime. Its value can be any one of these
symbols:

#movieSetting
Use the compression settings of the movie, as stored in the
movieImageCompression
property. This is the default value for image formats not restricted to
standard compression (see below).

#standard
Use Director’s standard internal compression format.

#jpeg
Use JPEG compression. See imageQuality.

member(whichMember).imageQuality

This bitmap cast member property indicates the level of compression to use
when
the member’s imageCompression property is set to #jpeg. The range of
acceptable
values is 0–100. Zero yields the lowest image quality and highest compression;
100 yields the highest image quality and lowest compression.

This property is settable only during authoring and only affects cast
members when
saving a movie in Shockwave format.

Martin.

Martin Kloss