[VNET] testprogram for empty exceptions and wrong IsReadOnly()-property

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Jul 14 21:05:00 CDT 2004

On 4/9/04 12:20 PM, "SoftIl" <softil at onlinehome.de> wrote:

> Hi Ruslan,
> here is a small test program to demonstrate my little problems. ;-)
> I hope it will be helpful for you to find out the mistakes.

Hi Carsten,

I have spend many hours today in .NET
One problem report for Mike was resolved.

Your report about ReadOnly() always return true still not resolved.

Here happens incredible for my mind things.
I simply hate Microsoft! :-)

Line of code

    bool res = pdb->IsReadOnly()
                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ kernel call

So Visual debugger shows that my kernel function have return false.

But! one step more and debugger show that variable res is true.
How this happens -- no ideas.

Problem only with bool type.
I have try replace in kernel function return type to int then it works
correctly. But I cannot change kernel API special for C#.

We have several such functions with bool in VNET.

---------
I have ask come to me for help the best c# and MS developer in our city.
He have promise come in the nearest days.

So Slava, all our hopes now directed to you.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com