Japanese field

Hans-Joerg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Fri Jul 9 09:29:09 CDT 2004

Hi,

I know that the latest version of Valetina doesn't support Unicode and I
hope version 2 will come out in the near future :). But you can set the
language for each field in the database.

Well, I have a question about specifying the language of a field.

I want to use Japanese. But in which character set I should store
Japanese text in a file for importing it? JIS, shift-JIS, EUC, UTF-8?

Or if I want to import via XML. In which coding system I have to store
these data if I want to import in one field Japanese and in another one
German?

Thanks in advance

Hans-Joerg