[VSDK] Specifying a secondary index?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sat Jul 3 08:28:57 CDT 2004

On 7/3/04 8:19 AM, "Eric Forget" <forgete at cafederic.com> wrote:

>> Of course.
>>
>> 1) If you set flag fIndxed, then index must be persistent.
>
> I was assuming 2) to work so I've been a bit lazy on that. To make sure the
> problem is not related to that I've added it to all the fields of my table.
> With no success...
>
>> 2) even if Valentina automatically index some NOT indexed field, then
>> Valentina 1.x do not kill that index, and field imply become indexed.
>>

>> So check this. After close of app, open db in VAPP.
>> Is the field marked as indexed?
>> It must be.
>>
>> Try do not search from VAPP. Works?
>
> They are marked as indexed...
>
>> 3) may be YOUR code somehow remove flag fIndxed?
>
> I do not touch that outside the constructor of the field in the .h... So if
> it is changing it should be memory corruption...
>
>> 4) another case when Valentina self rebuild index -- if it find that number
>> of records in table differ from number of index records.
>
> How can that happens?

E.g. After crash. But you say you have this as consistent behavior.

> Also, is it normal for a 504 MB database having a 3.2 MB index file?

Hmm.

* Your db files are not marked as read only ?
Because if yes, then Valentina will build index not in the .ind file
But in the tmp file located in the tmp folder of OS.
And in this case it will build such index on each start.

* if db is not read only then I even have no idea...
* may be you close db somehow bad ?

I can recommend to do just in case XML dump/rebuild.
But before this try todo diagnose for db

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com