V4RB Windows cursor read only ?

Barney barney at custombased.com
Fri Jul 2 08:42:18 CDT 2004

Hi Ruslan,

My project is compiling just fine, the database is opening.

Cur = App.DB.SQLSelect("Select * from Table Where field = 'example' ")

My cursors are being created OK using the code above and I can read data
from them OK but I can't seem to save data.

At closer inspection I see that the cursor
is flagged as ReadOnly = true. This is in the runtime environment.

Just out of interest I tried adding the code :

Cur = App.DB.SQLSelect("Select * from Table Where field = 'example' ")
Cur.ReadOnly = false

But the IDE doesn't like this last line ?

Is there something different we have to do on Windows ? I've got the latest
plugin from the Paradigmasoft.com site only a few days ago.

This is just a normal single user database project with an embedded
database. It is not being served.

Thanks.

Barney