Valentina 2.0. -- What is your 3 DREAM features? // TIMESTAMP

Robert Brenstein rjb at rz.uni-potsdam.de
Sat Jan 31 21:41:10 CST 2004

>on 1/31/04 8:59 PM, Robert Brenstein at rjb at rz.uni-potsdam.de wrote:

>>>  This is new field type.
>>>  Actually it is ULLONG.
>>>
>>>  It looks we have not yet polish this field type.
>>
>>  So what is the advantage of this new field versus my using a normal
>>  long field to store a timestamp? This is what I do now.
>
>It is intended to store INTERNAL DB CLOCKs value.
>
>Probably it will get value automatically

But what will trigger the update? Any change to a record containting
a timestamp field? Or can it be associated with a specific field? In
other words, will the automatic process be associated with SetField
or with UpdateRecord/NewRecord? I gather it will be triggered in
either case by any call, even if the content is not truly changed.

Robert