Valentina 2.0. -- What is your 3 DREAM features? // C++ developers

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sat Jan 31 20:28:15 CST 2004

on 1/31/04 9:17 AM, Eric Forget at forgete at cafederic.com wrote:

>> This is probably the least useful to most people, but it's very fine if you
>> need it. I don't have a project for it now, but I've needed it in the past
>> for grpahing.
>> A point refers to an X,Y coordinate, so you can store a Lat/Long there. I
>> haven't played with Oracle Spatial, so I don't know the WHERE clause syntax,
>> but let's say that you are storing landmarks with a point. You can then do a
>> query where you pass a point to the database and have it return all items
>> within a certain distance from that point. That's a tricky thing to program
>> (and optimize) without point data because the distance calculation is based
>> on a circle's radius.
>> So don't take that dream very seriously, but I just wanted to provide some
>> extremely high goals for you to aim at.  :)
>
> Ruslan,
>
> For that you may just add support for callbacks for the structure of the
> index, i.e. letting the user implements any B-Tree (or whatever)
> derivatives. Some of the most advanced algorithms have patents on them and
> you may not want to add the cost of those licenses to everybody. However, if
> a developer has a specific need, it could add it to over the kernel.

Hi Eric,

I think on the next week, I will be able grant to  you and Totte
Access to our CVS, PUBLIC and PROTECTED parts.

Lynn, I think we need do this under NDA for Eric and Totte.
As I have told, I am interested in comments of these very experienced C++
developers on our design model, on this phase.

Eric, I think we will get hat you want, not in terms of callbacks,
But in terms C++ interface class.

You will see in sources.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com