Valentina 2.0. -- What is your 3 DREAM features?

Eric Forget forgete at cafederic.com
Sat Jan 31 02:18:15 CST 2004

> Valentina 2.0 includes IBM ICU library.
>
> We will use UTF16 as native encoding.
> ICU itself can support 170 encodings. Although it take then 8MB.
>
> I think we will put on site 2 builds of ICU
>   3.5 MB lib with major languages
>   8MB with ALL languages

I would prefer ICU being an optional thing. If my application is fully
Unicode-based (like with Cocoa), I do not need ICU at all. Why I would like
to increase the download size of my application of 3.5MB? (Ok say 1.6
compressed)...

What you need to do is a normal API, which is all in Unicode and a side API
(facultative), which require ICU.

Eric

 Eric Forget                       Cafederic
 ForgetE at cafederic.com             <http://www.cafederic.com/>

 Fingerprint <86D5 38F5 E1FD 5D9C 71C3  BAA3 797E 70A4 6210 C684>