Valentina 2.0. -- What is your 3 DREAM features?

Eric Forget forgete at cafederic.com
Sat Jan 31 02:16:47 CST 2004

Hi Ruslan,

Here's mine, in no particular order:

1) More solid: fully transactional, automatic recovery, debug version of the
kernel for us with a lot of warnings in the console when we are doing idiot
things with the API (instead of just trashing the database)

2) Full SQL99 support with optional extensions of all major player (Oracle,
MySQL, sqlite, etc.): hey you say dream features! ;-)

3) Having a virtual field type where we can put data in our own format (XML,
compressed, or whatever) with all callbacks necessary for:

    - comparisons
    - indexing by words
    - SetBlank()
    - delete()
    - methods
    - etc.

The virtual field could be of fixed or variable size, at the developer wish.

Eric

 Eric Forget                       Cafederic
 ForgetE at cafederic.com             <http://www.cafederic.com/>

 Fingerprint <86D5 38F5 E1FD 5D9C 71C3  BAA3 797E 70A4 6210 C684>