[VServer] OSX Client reconnect

Erich Geiersberger erichg at mcmm.com
Fri Jan 30 21:54:37 CST 2004

>  > - When a database disconnect due to time limit of server occurs we
>  > are getting severe crashes of the director app (error 9).
>  > The question is: What do we need to do after such a disconnect on OSX?
>
>  > What procedure is needed to reconnect the client?
>
>Yes you can reconnect.
>
>BTW, if you EXPECT to get long time on query, e.g. Db is big, query is
>complex, you can simply set timeout much longer to avoid such disconnect.
>V4MD have commend to change timeout on client.

I would like to.
But anytime the disconnect occurs, my App crashes, no matter what I try to do.
I tried:
- close database and shutdownvalentina
- only shutdownvalentina
- nothing

In each and any of these cases, before I even try to reconnect I get
an error 9 and poof...
This only occurs on Macs, the same scripts run fine with PC Server and Clients.

The last error trapped on any database access after a disconnect is error 1023.
What should be done next?

I treat it as a complete logout. This means I try do dispose of all
instances, close Valentina, clear globals and offer a new login. It
seems that the Valentinashutdown() causes error 9.

Erich