[VServer] OSX Problems

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Jan 30 20:22:42 CST 2004

on 1/30/04 6:00 PM, Erich Geiersberger at erichg at mcmm.com wrote:

Hi Erich,

> during testing on OSX, we encountered the following problems
> Hardware: Dual 866

> - first database access with loading a lot of records (over 1000)
> lasts about 10 times longer than on a P350 PC (Client running on the
> same machine)

:-) other developers have found that PC is 10 times slower
Read more...

> - When a database disconnect due to time limit of server occurs we
> are getting severe crashes of the director app (error 9).
> The question is: What do we need to do after such a disconnect on OSX?

> What procedure is needed to reconnect the client?

Yes you can reconnect.

BTW, if you EXPECT to get long time on query, e.g. Db is big, query is
complex, you can simply set timeout much longer to avoid such disconnect.
V4MD have commend to change timeout on client.

Now about speed.

Speed must be comparable. We have test on our MAC and PC that are
comparable.

Reason of what you see can be:
-- on MAC in the .ini file you have VerboseLevel = 3
As result you loose time on a lots of LOG file output.

Check this point.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com