[V4MD] query speed

Martin Kloss martin.kloss at gmx.de
Fri Jan 30 00:04:58 CST 2004

Hi Ruslan,

I was just benchmarking my application and realized
that when doing a search in my app the first query needed
about twice the time of the second query. that didn't make
any sense to me.

I'm taking the time a query needs to be returned from
the database and if I'm doing the same query twice,
the first one is always way slower than the second,
i.e. first query takes 3.2 seconds, the second query
(the same SQL query) takes only 1.8 seconds.

I tried giving more RAM to the db and deleting the index
file. But the results are always the same. I'm using
RegEx for the search, so the index is not really used
on that one I guess. But do you have an explanation
or idea how that can be?

Martin.

Martin Kloss

Like the author? Buy the book: