Importing an Access file

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Jan 27 16:15:52 CST 2004

on 1/27/04 3:57 PM, Kevin Boyd - MMCR at kevin at mmcr.co.uk wrote:

> OK I can create my fields with addfield but how to I specify which fields
> should be a key or index field and then how do I build the relationship
> between tables?

Valentina 1.x have INDEXED flag.
You need use SetFlags() method to mark field to be indexed.

I assume you ask about PRIMARY KEY and FOREIGN KEY relation?
This features not present in Valentina 1.x.
I mean you do not need mark fields in this way.
Later you can in query do JOIN pointing related fields.

IF you will use RecID + ObjectPtr fields,
Then you get functionality of FOREIGN KEY:
    Cascade, RESTRICT, ...

But since you need import Access data you cann ObjectTable so simply map
them to ObjectPtr. You can AFTER import convert RDB links to ObjectPtr
links. On the other hand, if you going put db on CD, I do not see many sense
in FOREIG KEY. -- you will not delete records.

> Is there a tutorial on all this you can point me to?

Examples

Have you read ValentinaKernel.pdf, Valentina SQL.pdf ?

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com