[VServer] Mac error -43

Erich Geiersberger erichg at mcmm.com
Tue Jan 27 13:11:17 CST 2004

>Hi Erich,
>
>  > any idea why I get an error -43 on Mac OSX 10.2.4 when I try to open
>  > my server database?
>  > The same DB works fine on PC.
>
>-43   fnfErr  File not found; Folder not found; Edition container not
>       found; Target not found
>
>May be your db is not registered to masterdb on MAC?
>
>Or you have wrong path?
>

>  > I also tried to unregister the DB with VServer Xtra (worked) and
>  > register it again. Same error. My installation is fairly standard,
>  > i.e. in a "ValentinaServer" folder in "Library". The databse folder
>  > is named "Databases" while the path entry reads
>  > "databses\vaethoel.vdb" since you told me to use small caps.
>  > Using "Databses\vaethoel.vdb" makes no difference.
>
>Stop server
>And open masterdb in Vstidio or VAPP.
>
>Compare path to masterdb,
>And to your db.
>
>  > Server Kernel is 2.0a55.
>  > Does this Kernel need OSX 10.3?
>
>I do not think so.

The problem persist.

I have meanwhile:
- upgraded to OSX 10.2.8
- Rebuilt and reindexed the database
- registered an unencrypted version with the same path as master.vdb, i.e.
"Databases\vaethoel.vdb" instead of "databases\vaethoel.vdb" (on PC
with the new version of VStudio)
- replaced the unencrypted version with the one with structure encryption
- built a new installer

Tested the whole thing on PC, read, write, client access, all. Worked well.

I can install the database on my Mac, the service is running, but the
first time I try to open my database I get error -43 on
opendatabase().

Erich