[V4RB] ReadOnly Cursor doesn't need to lock records, does it?

Richard Altenburg valentina at brainchild.nl
Sat Jan 24 08:53:26 CST 2004

Using version 1.10 of Valentina for REALbasic, I started playing with
Cursors after more than half a year of working on other stuff (so maybe I
forgot some details about how Valentina used to work).

I have a window with a ListBox, that constantly shows the contents of a
Cursor. That Cursor was created as ReadOnly, because I only need it for
displaying purposes.

I want a second Cursor on the same BaseObject to delete records, and this
second Cursor was created as ReadWrite. But I get an error mesage telling me
that there is a lock on some record.

Deleting only works when I dispose the first ReadOnly Cursor (I set it to
Nil).

I find this strange, and could need some help...

--

Richard Altenburg
Brainchild        <http://www.brainchild.nl/>