getting recid in sql stmt but then in cursor has problem

Dave Parizek dave at Parizek.com
Fri Jan 23 20:11:46 CST 2004

I understand you need to specify if you want the recid in a sql select stmt:

select Solditem.RecId, * from Solditem

and then this works correctly:

w.lb.Cell(w.lb.LastIndex, w.RecIDCol) = mCursor.Field("RecID").GetString

But if I use full field name it does NOT work, returns nil object in V4RB:

w.lb.Cell(w.lb.LastIndex, w.RecIDCol) =
mCursor.Field("Solditem.RecID").GetString

So what do you do if you create a cursor that includes RecID's from 2
or more different tables, and you need to access those RecID's, how
do you differentiate between them?

The RecID I am getting in first example above is for the base object,
right, not the cursor?  If it is for the cursor or something, then
how do I get the RecID for the record of the base object?

Thanks,
Dave