[Valentina Newbie] Some questions before purchase.

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Jan 22 18:40:15 CST 2004

on 1/22/04 6:28 PM, onno baudouin at onno at concrete.be wrote:

Hi Onno,

> We like to include Valentina for one of our products but i have a few
> questions, that after looking for an hour through the lists haven't been
> able to get 'confirmed'
>
> Works for MX (not 2004, but how will support be on that?) on Win 2000+ and
> OS-X (classic not important).?

Yes to all.

I have not read that Director 2004 will not be compatible with existed
Xrtas, correct? So must works with no changes.

> Doesn't support unicode i know but i'd like to know issues with stuff like
> EURO symbol etc. Languages will be western european.

Symbol itself is font characteristic.

Western languages works. May be only minor glitches...

> Product is CD and comes with premade Database.

No problems.

> however ideally this would
> have to be 'updatable' when new stuff arrives. I can see just one simple
> option: download newly made file to hd and start using that. Is there a way
> to just download the updates and somehow 'quickly' combine the two so no
> 'dual' query's would have to be run?

First db also will be moved from CD to HDD?

> MySQL->Valentina possibilities?

You mean converter?

1) via ODBC

2) via TEXT export/import of Tables.