2.0 when?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sun Jan 18 10:49:45 CST 2004

on 1/18/04 1:10 AM, jda at jda at his.com wrote:

>> Does anyone know if there has been any indication about what time
>> frame we can expect for 2.0's arrival?
>>
>> I know it has appeared to me that Ruslan has avoided being tied down
>> on this one, which is understandable, but it would be nice to know
>> are we looking at days, weeks, months, or years?
>>
>> Any hints anyone has gotten?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Dave
>
> Ruslan has said that they're porting 2.0 to C++/SDK and V4MD  now,
> and I think V4RB is next. So I suppose it's a matter of weeks for the
> first betas. But Ruslan is an optimistic fellow...  :->

Yes I a, optimist. As any software developer.
Pessimists must be product managers  :-)

>From major missing parts for 2.0 we have yet

-- indexes. I have made for now only Byte index.
    yet TODO, Unique, not Unique, String

-- Importer of ASCII
      I think, Sergey will implement this next week.

-- I have made already AGGR mechanism mainly,
    now it is on hold until indexes will be ready,
    because it needs sorting

-- Alex works right now on CONSTRAINTS management
        CHECK, PRIMARY KEY, FOREIGN KEY, UNIQUE, INDEX.

-- Igor now works on porting of V4MD, C++ client and Server.

-- Ivan works on algorithms for UNION, EXCEPT, INTERNSECT.
    I hope next week will be ready.

-- TODO: joins, also on hold for indexes.

-- TODO: system tables (3-7 days).

I will not list here new already implemented features.
Too many.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com